Last Update: August 17, 2021
Collection of Information
This Website collects various types of information, such as:
• Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc., which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
• Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
Please note that, other than the information automatically collected as described above, this Website will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide, for example by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is our intent to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this Website.
Zedge may have the occasion to collect information about the type of browser you are using, IP address or type of operating system to assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
It is highly recommended and suggested that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not allowing this information to be used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Use of Information Collected
Zedge may collect and make use of personal information to assist in the operation of the Website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request via the Website, including to respond to your enquiries. At times, we may find it necessary to use personal information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you on the Website. Zedge may also be in contact with you with a request for you to complete surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that we may offer.
Zedge does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of our customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Zedge may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public. We usually collect such information from you through the use of analytical cookies.
Zedge may disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
• Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon Zedge and/or our Website;
• Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of Zedge;
• Exercise, establish or defend legal or regulatory claims; or
• Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of the Website and/or the general public.
We may also share your personal information to third parties if the disclosure is reasonably related to the potential or actual sale or disposition of all or part of our business or assets.
We may share the categories of personal information described above with service providers and third parties that we partner with to assist us with various functions, including providing technological support, providing you with our services and products, providing you with functionality on our website and providing you with communications and marketing information on our behalf.
Children Under Age of 16
Zedge does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of sixteen (16), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of sixteen (16) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this Website.
Links to Other Web Sites
Zedge shall endeavour and shall take reasonable precautions to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
The company also uses Cloudflare’s Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users' trust and confidence in the internet and Website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information. The website is also secured by Let's Encrypt.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected your personal information, and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Additional Information For Users in the EU and UK
The following applies to you if you are using the website from the EU or the EEA.
Our lawful bases under EU and UK data protection law for the uses we make of the information we collect about you, as listed above, are:
Assist in the operation of the Website and to ensure deliver of the services you need and request via the Website, including to respond to your enquiries.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal information in this way is that is it necessary for our legitimate business interests (which are to operate our business and to respond to customers’ needs).
To request that you to complete surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that we may offer.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal information in this way is either your consent (if we are legally required to obtain your consent prior to sending you such communications) or because it is necessary for our legitimate business interest, which is to ensure that our business is operated in the best way possible to meet our customers’ needs.
To follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal information in this way is your consent (where we are legally required to obtain such consent).
Zedge is based in the United States of America. This means your personal information will be processed and stored in the United States of America. If you are based in the EU/EEA or UK, this involves processing your personal information in a country where data protection laws may not be equivalent to those in the country you are based.
We may use service providers that assist us to process your personal information as data processors and third parties that process your personal information for purposes set out herein in their own function. If these recipients are located the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK, we implement the required adequacy requirements, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses. Please contact us to learn more about the specific security mechanisms we use.
Your rights over your personal information – UK- and EU-based users
Zedge would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. If you are based in the UK or EU, you are entitled to the following rights over your personal information:
1. The right to access: You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you.
2. The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any personal information about you that is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the personal information we hold about you where you believe it is incomplete.
3. The right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): You have the right to request that we erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
4. The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
5. The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the personal information we have collected about you to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
6. The right to withdraw consent: Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
7. The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority: Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Officer as the UK’s Supervisory Authority, the details for which are here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/, or to an EU Supervisory Authority, the details for which are here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en
In addition to the above rights, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out below. We will endeavour to respond to you without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.
How to Contact Us
1178 Broadway, 3rd floor, Suite #1450
New York, NY 10001
For EU and UK Users:
You may also contact our EU and UK Local Representative via e-mail email@example.com